Wednesday, March 16, 2005

 

Trachsel Is A Dirtbag, Seriously

The whole Trachsel thing is extremely unfortunate, particularly now that he looks like he is out for the season. Bernard is right, since 2002 he has been pretty fantastic with an ERA of 3.73. For comparisons sake, Mike Mussina's is 3.96 during that time. I know the AL has the DH, which hurts your ERA, but the two have been quite similar and at $5 million a year, Trachsel has been a bargain. It is somewhat amazing that he is able to have done this due to unimpressive strikeout (5.16 K/9) and walk (3.36 BB/9) rates. We can wax poetically about the glory years of our favorite Dirtbag (he went to Long Beach St., "The Dirtbags"), or we can figure out an alternative.

After this season, Trachsel's contract is up. If he is out for the season, his days at Shea may be over. Matt Ginter is a marginal alternative, so if the Mets think they are contenders, a trade is in order. As far as minor league depth, the Mets have little to offer and it is not worth trading one of their big four (Petit, Milledge, Humber and Hernandez) for a mediocre starter. As I see it, they have two options. One is squeezing as much as they can out of Ginter and hope that Petit dominates Double-A and bringing him up. The logic here is that Petit will probably see the majors at some point this season (most likely September), so a couple of months earlier won't be too bad. Heck, it worked for David Wright. I just don't like the idea of relying on Petit at this point and the Mets should bring him along slowly.

There has been a lot of talk about the Mets trading Mike Cameron because he was unhappy but now he says he wants to stay. As I see it, he may know be the Mets most valuable commodity in a trade. Here is what I propose. Let Ginter start the season in the rotation and see how he does with Cameron in right and Diaz in Norfolk playing every day. If Ginter is fine, roll with it. If not, put Cammy on the block and plan to slot Diaz into right upon trading Cammy. Cameron is reasonably priced and could net a solid starter. There has been talk about the Mets reuniting Barry Zito with Rick Peterson and the A's were interested in Killer Cam, with Zito a free agent after 2005 and the A's guaranteed not to re-sign him, doesn't this make sense? The Mets could then ride Zito for a season, see how he does and then re-sign him or net a first round pick when he leaves as an FA. I hate to get into the habit of hypothetical trades, but this makes too much sense. No?
Comments:
I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by
him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You're incredible! Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my homepage ミュウミュウ店舗
 
Article writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with after that you can write if
not it is complex to write.

My homepage; www.vipsatin.ru
 
Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I
get home. I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just
3G .. Anyhow, superb blog!

Feel free to visit my webpage; コーチ 財布
 
I have learn a few excellent stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how a lot attempt you set to make such a great informative site.



Here is my web-site http://www.blackpoolnightspot.com/Forum/index.php?Itemid=0&option=com_fireboard&func=showcat&Go=Go&catid=0
 
It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this outstanding blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group.
Chat soon!

my website :: www.joyschool.org.tw
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?